Saturday, November 30, 2013

Bacon Popcorn

Have you ever been at a restaurant when the server takes a plate off of your table that you weren't quite done with yet? Like, the dish was so good you were still licking up the crumbs good?

That is what happened the first time we went to The Parish here in Tucson. We ordered their bacon popcorn and I thought Drew would have licked the bowl if they hadn't taken it too early. Well, maybe they did it on purpose, because we go back frequently with the bacon popcorn as the focus of our trip. They have great food, many gluten free options (including beers), and make everything in house. Yum.

Well, we can't always make a trip to get this (or sometimes it is rainy outside and we decide to just not leave the house). So we decided to make it ourselves.

Start by cooking bacon in a pan. Don't get rid of the grease. Really, don't do it. Not yet.

You will need a bowl of popcorn. This time we used our air popper, because really, how cool is it to watch popcorn just shoot out and pop everywhere? Molly loves it. However, it is better when you use some of the bacon grease to pop your popcorn in. Do what you want, it is your popcorn.


Once you have your popcorn, toss it with melted butter (3-4 tbsp) and some thinly sliced green onions. I sliced up two of them.


Then, add a few tablespoons of the bacon grease (it adds tons of flavor) and the crumbled bacon. Toss it together and see if you can make it last longer than 15 minutes. Ours lasted about 10.

1 comment:

  1. So I was searching for this recipe because I was hoping someone had already made a copycat so I wouldn't have to. I read your first description of this dish and thought, this girl and I should be friends because that is exactly how I felt about it. Then I saw the name Drew, and then gluten free, and scrolled down to the bottom to realize oh my gosh it's Amie. We are already friends! You just won 10,000 more awesome points.

    ReplyDelete